Job Title: Supportive Housing Assistant
Reports to: Supportive Housing Specialist
Hours: Part-time, 20 hours/week
The Supportive Housing Assistant serves as a link between the members of our community and Supportive Housing services within NYC’s five boroughs. The primary role of the Supportive Housing Assistant is to provide 20 hours per week of administrative support to our Supportive Housing Specialist working to help members – the low-income men and women who eat in our soup kitchen – many of whom are struggling with mental illnesses and homelessness, in obtaining transitional or permanent housing.
In collaboration with members, the Supportive Housing Assistant will help members apply for supportive housing using the NYC Human Resources Administration’s (HRA) 2010e application process, research vacancies throughout NYC, and facilitate bi-weekly Supportive Housing orientations on site. The Supportive Housing Assistant will also connect members to other resources within Neighbors Together and among our partnering agencies to support members toward greater stability.
Job Responsibilities: The Supportive Housing Assistant will dedicate his/her time providing the following services:
- Outreach and screen through waitlisted members for Supportive Housing services to confirm their eligibility, answer questions they may have concerning the process and other services provided, and schedule interested members for upcoming orientations.
- Facilitate bi-weekly orientations for members who are interested in applying for Supportive Housing.
- Assist members in gathering documents and completing the HRA’s 2010e application using the city’s PACT (Placement, Assessment and Client Tracking) online database.
- Work with Specialist to c onduct up to 10 psychosocial evaluations annually, which are a required component of the 2010E application, for members who are unable to obtain a high quality psychosocial elsewhere.
- Research vacancies using CUCS database and outreach to other supportive housing service providers in NYC.
- Maintain statistics about members seen a nd types of assistance provided using Neighbors Together’s online database, Efforts to Outcomes (ETO).
- Accompany members to housing interviews that occ ur within the 5 boroughs of NYC.
- Actively participate in staff meetings and in supervision meetings.
- Other duties necessary for the empowerment of our neighbors and the smooth functioning of Neighbors Together as an organization will be assigned.
Skills, Abilities & Qualifications:
- Adaptability and flexibility, ability to work under pressure.
- Comfort working with people of varied racial and ethnic backgrounds
- Compassion, empathy, patience – especially important when working with people struggling with the challenges of mental illness, homelessness and/or substance abuse
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary Range.
- Paid Vacation and Sick days
Please send cover letter and resume to Nathalie@NeighborsTogether.org and include “Supportive Housing Assistant” in the subject line.